Wednesday, January 2, 2013

3rd times the charm...

...as that is how many times i've tried to maintain a blog.

my first attempt was in 2006 when i was transitioning between jobs. i started my blog to document all my travels. the 2nd attempt was when i went on maternity leave. obviously, with such a life changing event, i wanted to have a record of all my experiences of motherhood. notice the common thread...both times were during a break in my professional life.

so, that brings us to now. no, i don't have a break in my professional life. if anything, my career is even more demanding of my time. however, i'm taking to heart what my new boss has told me, "you need better work / life balance." which honestly, i haven't had a boss tell me that in probably 8-10 years. so, there it is. perfect timing for the new year. i'm recommitting to blogging. =)

so, what is going on? well, i still love to travel (though still not as often as i like), my son is even more adorable than ever (if that's possible), motherhood is still a work in progress for me and we have SO much work to do in our new house. i'm pretty excited and have some fun content ideas already. from time to time, i might have some "throwback" posts where I republish some entries from my previous blogs for nostalgia sake.

Photo courtesy of our family friend, Donald Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment