Thursday, November 28, 2013

mommy and son time

aaron and i took a last minute trip to maui. my friends convinced me that this is a really great opportunity to take a vacation and REALLY relax. so i found some cheap flights to maui and a great deal on a resort in wailea. this was also a great chance for steve to have some "me time".

traveling by myself w/ a 5 yr old might seem brave to some but really, as my sister would say, aaron is almost like an adult. he literally does everything himself. he actually had to remind ME to bring our room key when we left our hotel! the four days we were in wailea absolutely flew by. it was definitely an experience that i'm SO grateful i was able to have w/ my son. although we both missed daddy, it was nice to spend some quality time w/ my son.

 waiting at sjo for our flight!
 dinner at alan wong's amasia

 yummie pineapple sangria
 ahi tartare
 braised short ribs
 amazing coconut sorbet
 wailea beach
 vibrant beautiful flowers at the grand wailea

 nothing like a romantic stroll along the beach w/ your 5 yr old son
 my favorite - lava flow
 view from our hotel room
  our "partial" ocean view
 our upgraded large lanai. amazing what empathy you get when you are traveling solo w/ child hahaa
 dining at humuhumu
 seriously the MOST delicious dish i've had in awhile...
seared ahi loin w/ foie gras dumpling, mushrooms and snow peas in broth
 aaron's dessert - macadamia nut ice cream
 independent little man; wanted to stroll our luggage

No comments:

Post a Comment